Yeah the ones we had were great at being handled despite not being handled often - though you have to be careful because if they get wriggly, their tail is like a whip lol
Yes! o_o Even Bestat will do the tail wiggle sometimes if I don’t pick him up securely enough, and if that little twig can have me dodging, I can’t even imagine what something four times his size would do. Even on accident! (The temperament is why I’m so smitten, I can take an accidental smack from a flailing tail…But aside from the saying “anything with a mouth can bite,” you don’t hear about aggression with WDs. You know what tail whips and has a gnarly bite/attitude? Let’s just say, when you Google “water dragon bite” you see mostly Komodo dragons, and some snippy/scared babies. But when you search “Iguana bite” there should be a #gore warning. Yikes! (And yet they are such commonly sold pets, despite also having difficult enclosure requirements!)
we had water dragons where I volunteered (and toucans too, but not the type you mentioned). they’re so cool but they need soooooo much space!
They’re so amazing. And from what I’ve seen they’re good at being handled too. The environment is one of the things I thought was so cool—I want to build a huge wardrobe shaped enclosure, deck out the top with shelving, branches and hammocks, then have the bottom be an aquarium to dive/swim/soak in. I’ve seen some really pretty ones for inspiration, but of course I’d want to be in a more permanent (and larger?) home first, and do much more research! (So, not for a long time. Haha!)
But I just love their emerald coloring, and every time I see a baby one at the pet store they always run towards you and follow you as much as they can. They seem quite interactive, and energetic! Ahh. Anyway, yes that wouldn’t be for a while, but it’s toward the top of the list for me. Right now I’m happy with the 8 critters I DO have, haha!
Time to show some love and appreciate these heroes.
Firefighters are some badass mutha fuckas
firefighters are incredibly under appreciated, this is sadly the first appreciation post to them and we need more of these, they literally walk through hell to pick up people and pull them out, they are all Castiels if all civilians are Deans, and they save animals, treating all like humans, i have never heard of a firefighter that has chosen not to save someone for there race or sex or sexuality or anything, a human is a human and an animal is an animal, i love these people and they don’t deserve to be ignored as much as they are
Kittens are often declawed when they are only 2 lbs or 2 months old. That’s a baby - no time to learn where it’s ok to stretch and scratch! The Paw Project wants to make more people aware of the dangers of declawing. No one would detooth a puppy for chewing on slippers at that age. Why do kittens have to suffer? Please tell 5 people who didn’t know that declawing is an amputation of cats’ toe bones to join The Paw Project. Let us know when you have. Keep educating. That is how we will stop declawing. Thank you!#pawproject
(GUH. Stupid link. I forgot the first part of the address |D Should be working now, thanks for letting me know!)
1. When I was about 4, I had my leg broken in three places by our dog. I went through three different casts over the course of about a year!
2. I have a long list of “future pets,” many of which I’d never actually get, but a couple of ones I seriously do want include a muntjac deer, a (Chinese) water dragon, and a skunk; I love birds, but the only type I’d like as a pet would be a toucan. (Namely the curl-crested aracari.)
3. My only vice, is coffee. I’ve never tried any kind of smoking/vaping/drugs, and I tend to avoid alcohol just cause I don’t enjoy it much.
4. I’ve traveled to four different countries, so far. (Several parts of Mexico, the Bahamas, Italy, and Greece.) Alex almost got relocated ‘permanently’ to Bahrain after his year-long deployment there, but luckily ended up staying home in San Diego. I would have had to figure out how to move over there with him, and it was a scary thought! It doesn’t sound like much fun over there.
5. I really hate driving! I (somehow, miraculously) obtained my license to fulfill other peoples’ wishes—but honestly, I probably shouldn’t have passed my second test. (Naturally I failed my first try!) Regardless, I tend to be a nervous passenger, but I can’t imagine the damage I could cause from being startled/confused/distracted behind the wheel.
Gudetama can best be descibed as a lazy, distressed egg who likes to lie around -whether he’s fried on rice or casually resting on top of tamago sushi.
Gudetama is officially my favourite Sanrio character.